DID YOU KNOW?
- 80% of all information reaches us via the eye
- 25% of the entire body energy consumption is used by our vision
- 50% of the eye performance can be lost due to lack of proper eye protection when involved in various activities
THE FAMILY EYE CARE CENTER NOW OFFERS OPTOMAP
Optomap is state-of-the-art retinal imaging technology. Patients can choose this option as part of their routine eye exam.
Benefits to the patient:
- Encounter a more comfortable, less invasive retinal exam.
- Have the ability to view the image of their retina and have it explained by the Doctor.
- Forego dilation (in most cases).
- Shorten the amount of time in the office.
Having optomap allows our Doctors to detect even the earliest sign of disease on the retina including:
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age related macular degeneration
Optomap is not covered by your insurance during a routine eye exam. There is a $35 fee for this technology.